cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor II

FAIL? Instructor Mobile App / TurnIt-In

Jump to solution

When I originally set up assignments on my desktop, I enabled TurnIt-In. I edited the assignment through the Mobile App and the TurnIt-In settings were completely disabled. This same issue occurred even when I DID not actually edit anything.  This is frustrating, as some times, all I am doing is changing the due date. This should not change the TurnIt-In settings. Any feedback would be appreciated.turn-it-in #mobile-app

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank for your query. I’m very careful to not make any changes to assignments that have turnitin enabled while on my mobile devices as of now.

Go ahead and mark solved.

Elaine M Jolayemi

Assistant Professor English

(IFC 217) Ivy Tech Central Indiana

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Elaine - I have a quick question for you. When you say that you edited the assignment with the "mobile app", do you mean Canvas Teacher or the TurnItIn mobile app?

I am editing the actual assignment in Canvas Teacher. I have not found nor used the TurnItIn mobile app yet.

The Turnitin app works pretty well for grading; it downloads the submitted papers. It would not let you alter assignment settings though.

I know Instructure promotes the mobile apps, but if I have to change something on an LTI assignment in Canvas when out of the office, I use the browser on my phone or tablet. That seems to work okay without any craziness.

Adventurer

Elaine, 

This probably won't help you, but we had an issue in November with the Instructor Canvas app and using Turn It In. All of a sudden, students grades were changed in Canvas by the app. We were not able to resolve this because it would require us giving Turn It In tech support admin access to our Canvas instance. Our solution was to ask the Instructor to not use the Instructor app with Turn It In. This seemed like the best options as we only had one instructor who was using the two softwares together. What is odd though is that the instructor hadn't even been changing any grades, she had just accessed Turn It In. A little scary to think how easily that could change grades without the instructors knowledge.

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, ejolayemi@ivytech.edu...

I am reviewing some of the older questions that have been posted here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I thought that I would check in with you because I noticed there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since March 13, 2019.  Have you had a chance to review all the responses you've received?  Do you feel that any of these folks have helped to answer your question?  If so, please go ahead and click the "Mark Correct" button next to that person's response.  However, if you are still looking for some help with your original question, please let Community members know that as well by posting a message below.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over six months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Elaine.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thank for your query. I’m very careful to not make any changes to assignments that have turnitin enabled while on my mobile devices as of now.

Go ahead and mark solved.

Elaine M Jolayemi

Assistant Professor English

(IFC 217) Ivy Tech Central Indiana

View solution in original post