Failed to Log In

Jump to solution
jnorori2016
Community Novice

Its been more than a year and I have not being able to log into my Florida Tech (Florida Institute of Technology) account utilizing the Canvas app (Student).  Every time I look for my school and I am directed to the fit.instructure.com Canvas Learning Management System portal, I keep getting "Failed to Log in  Canvas doesn't have an account for user: jnorori2016."

Its been more than a year and I'm still getting the same error.  I just utilize my computer to access my online class.

Jose

0 Likes
1 Solution
stuart_ryan
Community Novice

Hi Jose,

Let's see if we can point you in the right direction to getting this to work (as something definitely sounds astray).

Before we start, I wanted to let you know that I have removed your username (for best practice), it is not ideal to share your username on a public forum (so wanted to let you know I deliberately redacted that for you).

I have taken a quick look at the fit.instructure.com login page (in both mobile and web). Can I assume you are using the same username and password that you do when you log in to the Canvas web app? And, can I also confirm that works for you logging into Canvas web (I don't like to assume anything).

Knowing how these sort of things integrate in the back end, it sounds like something is astray in the back end with Florida Tech's authentication systems. If you are using the same username and password that you do on the web and that works on the web, I recommend reaching out to Florida Tech's IT Support team, I have done some digging and found their contact page available for you here --> Tech Support Self Help - What are the Technology Support Center's hours of operation? 

They should be able to have a look at your account, and confirm why the mobile authentication is not linking correctly to your Canvas account and get you back up and running!

I hope that helps.

Stuart

View solution in original post