Feature Request: Conveniently Publish 1 Subtopic

Jump to solution
hbarker
Community Novice

This feature request probably exists, but I'll ask anyway.

When publishing a module for a student, I only want to publish one subtopic under the main module. Yet to do that, I have to publish the entire module and unpublish everything I don't want. 

Currently, I have to move assignments I want into a new, empty module. But that, too, is more effort than seems necessary.

Is there some way to make a global setting that either publishes every subtopic (as it does now) or ONLY publish the module and leave all subtopic unpublished? It sure would reduce clicking to have the choice in settings!

Alternatively, if the module ISN'T published, clicking the subtopic would CONVENIENTLY publish the module also WITHOUT publishing the unselected subtopics. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @hbarker ...

It sounds like you'd want to add your feedback and vote to this existing Feature Idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12821-stop-canvas-modules-from-auto-publishing-all-content-ins....  If you feel that this Feature Idea aligns with something you'd like to see implemented by Instructure, please add your comments and vote so that their engineers know why this would be important to you.

I hope this has helped a bit, Hanz.  Sing out if you have any questions.  Take care...stay safe...be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes