Feedback on Classic Quiz - Mysteries of Mysteries

Jump to solution
jbeyer1
Community Participant

Will someone explain in clear language how the feedback and quiz availability options effect feedback? I need to know what to do for my final exam.  My final exam is composed of questions from previous exams so I do not want this feedback available.  What boxes should I check or uncheck to prevent students from seeing feedback.  I do not want students to have access to their previous tests at all. 

Possible combinations: Which will work? 

1. The day before the final exam begins, uncheck "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses"?
  2. Check "Let Student See Their Quiz Responses" and "Let Student See The Correct Answers" but hide correct answers on a specific date?
  3. Check "Let Student See Their Quiz Responses" and "Let Student See The Correct Answers" but set an end date that the test is no longer available?
  4. Is there another combination that works.

Canvas technical writers, please take a moment to explain what students see and do not see in terms of feedback.  While you have clearly explain each individual choice, I am not sure what the different combinations result in. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
dskelley
Community Explorer

So students will only see feedback if you check the box for "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses (Incorrect Questions Will Be Marked in Student Feedback)".

Now if you check that box it will basically show students what they got right/wrong. If a student got a question right, they'll know it (it'll be marked green). If they got it wrong, they'll know it (it'll be marked red) but the quiz won't tell them what the correct answer was. If you put feedback for right/wrong answers they will be able to see that as well. So if you put a comment on a question when students get it wrong, say "Remember the speed of light is 299 792 458 m / s" they will see that as well.

If you check the box for "Let Students See The Correct Answers", if they get a question wrong it'll be marked red and will also tell them what the correct answer was. Additionally they'll still see feedback and everything else covered by the first check box.

Now if you want students to see feedback for a limited time, but maybe you don't want them to see the right answer, you could always check the box for "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses". Then once the exam period has ended you could go in and uncheck the box. Now if a student goes back and tries to look at their past exam to study the questions, they won't see anything but their score. 

One thing to be cautious of though, if you check the box for "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses", if they get a question correct they'll know it (since it's marked in green). If someone really smart took the exam first before anyone else, they could ace the exam, write down all the questions they got correct, and pass them on to someone else (since they know they got the correct answer). I hope this helps to answer your question somewhat. 

View solution in original post