Highlighted
Community Member

File Can't Upload in Discussion Board

Jump to solution

I've made several attempts to upload a file to a discussion that was initiated by a student. I wanted to replace a file with no audio with one with audio recording. I've tried all browsers with no luck. Does Canvas allow this or it has to be uploaded by the student? I have edited the discussion questions, but not able to upload the new file.  What could be causing that problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner II

nmuturi@ksu.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community!

While an instructor can edit a student discussion post, they cannot add an attachment as part of that edit. While testing this, I noted that no one, regardless of role, can add an attachment when editing a posting.

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but you could submit this as a feature request. Learn how at How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community?

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Learner II

nmuturi@ksu.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community!

While an instructor can edit a student discussion post, they cannot add an attachment as part of that edit. While testing this, I noted that no one, regardless of role, can add an attachment when editing a posting.

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but you could submit this as a feature request. Learn how at How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community?

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Kudos