cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

File properties (hidden and locked) can cause unsync between the website and GET calls

Visibility of files on Canvas are controlled by two booleans: locked and hidden like so:

Both set to false - published.

locked == true && hidden == false - unpublished

locked == false && hidden == true - restricted

If you set both to true via an API call the system seems to auto-resolve to locked==false && hidden==true, however, it can seemingly become unsynced from what you'll see from the Canvas website. As in I can see the file in Canvas as unpublished when a GET call will say it should be restricted.

Is anyone aware of this problem and why it behaves this way?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, jah1145...

While I do not necessarily have an answer for you, I wanted to let you know that I am going to share your question with the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/canvas-developers?sr=search&searchId=42ba7018-2f63-443c-91d6-...‌ group here in the Canvas Community in hopes that your question will get some additional exposure.  If you are not yet following this group, you can click on the link that I have provided and then click on the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the screen.  Also, you may need to click on "Actions" >> "Join group" which is located in the same area of the screen.  I hope this will be of some help to you, Johanna!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

jah1145,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels