cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwea
Community Member

File recovery

Jump to solution

How can I reset my course when files have been deleted inappropriately?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello pwea Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.

Your question is confusing me just a bit.  Normally when people refer to "reset my course", that means they want to wipe out the entire course and all of the content inside it...as described here: How do I reset course content?  This allows an instructor to essentially "start anew" and rebuild course content manually and/or pull existing content from other courses via the Course Import Tool.

But, you are also saying that files were deleted inappropriately.  I assume that you are saying that the files were deleted by mistake from the "Files" area of your course?  If this is the case, there are a few options for you that I can think of:

Once you access either of these environments, you would go to your course (just like you do in your "production" environment), go to the "Files" area of the course, and then download the file(s) you need.

After you have downloaded your files from that course, be sure to sign out of the "test" or "beta" environment.  Then, log back in to your normal "production" environment, and upload the files to the "Files" area of your course using the links I've provided above.

I hope that I've understood your question, Paula.  However, if there is anything that I've misunderstood...or if you're asking about something else entirely, please come back to this topic to help clarify.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello pwea Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.

Your question is confusing me just a bit.  Normally when people refer to "reset my course", that means they want to wipe out the entire course and all of the content inside it...as described here: How do I reset course content?  This allows an instructor to essentially "start anew" and rebuild course content manually and/or pull existing content from other courses via the Course Import Tool.

But, you are also saying that files were deleted inappropriately.  I assume that you are saying that the files were deleted by mistake from the "Files" area of your course?  If this is the case, there are a few options for you that I can think of:

Once you access either of these environments, you would go to your course (just like you do in your "production" environment), go to the "Files" area of the course, and then download the file(s) you need.

After you have downloaded your files from that course, be sure to sign out of the "test" or "beta" environment.  Then, log back in to your normal "production" environment, and upload the files to the "Files" area of your course using the links I've provided above.

I hope that I've understood your question, Paula.  However, if there is anything that I've misunderstood...or if you're asking about something else entirely, please come back to this topic to help clarify.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

pwea
Community Member

Thanks, it it fine.