kmartinez72
Community Novice

why can't I upload a file to a discussion post

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @kmartinez72  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Based on the e-mail address that is tied to your Community account, it looks like you are a student.  Attaching files to a discussion topic response is a setting that your instructor has control over at the course level.  Basically, your instructor can check a box to allow (or not allow) file attachments in discussion topics.  So, you may want to reach out to your instructor to see if he/she would be willing to turn that option on for you and your classmates.  This Guide, How do I set details for a course?, is for instructors.  If you look at the "View More Options" section (about 3/4 the way down the page), you'll see what that check-box option looks like.  For you, though, you'll want to take a look at this Guide: How do I attach a file to a discussion reply as a student?.  Pay attention to the information in the blue box at the top of the Guide...as that details a bit more about what I've explained.  You can reach out to your instructor directly by clicking on your "Help" global navigation button on the left side of your screen and then selecting "Ask Your Instructor a Question".  How do I get help with Canvas as a student?  I hope this information has been helpful to you, Kathia.  Good luck.  Stay safe, be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes