cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Files/documents preview won't load, is there something I can do?

All of a sudden files and documents submitted by my professors, in the modules, will not load their preview. The blue wheel just spins and spins. I have to download every document to look at it. Did I disable something, maybe? 

18 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi dcarns0610@smail.pcd.edu Thank You for your question.

This sounds frustrating.

I'm wondering if it is your browser needing to be updated. If so here is how to update Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95414?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en 

If you aren't using Chrome I can talk you through others, just let me know.

Sing out if you need a hand. 

Highlighted

I'm also having this issue. I'm using the latest version of Chrome

Highlighted
Community Member

I am also having the same issue; I am using the latest version of Chrome. Please advise.

Highlighted

Hi gt7535@wayne.edu, and hanalei@lewine.net, this looks like more than a browser issue if a few of you are experiencing it in the the correct and updated browser.

I will reach out to some experts and see what I can find out.

If you find a solution in the meantime please add it here so we can all learn from each other. 

Highlighted

I was able to use the file preview successfully on firefox and microsoft edge, but it still doesn't work on Chrome, which is extremely incovenient for me

Highlighted
Surveyor

Same problem here with an updated Chrome when trying to inline preview a file uploaded to the course. Just checked Edge and that also works for me. I've run into this problem with .pptx, .docx, and .pdf files. The first two have been troublesome before, so I hadn't thought much of it, but when I just tried a PDF, which has never given me any troubles, and it didn't work, I got concerned. I did have success using External Tools and using Google Drive to embed the files instead, but that's less convenient.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Having same issue. This is concerning because online classes are expected to start in a month and a lot of the materials I provide students are in uploaded file form. Further, not being able files submitted by students during the summer semester is making my online grading much slower. 

Highlighted
Surveyor II

A student at my institution is reporting this same issue. Are there any updates on a resolution?

Highlighted
Surveyor

I have been having this problem for over a month on my Windows 10 computer. I have tried updating chrome, and also uninstalling and reinstalling it, neither of which helped. A fix would be greatly appreciated as it is getting quite tedious to download ever PDF I need to see onto my computer, especially since this number of documents has increased due to online learning. Thank you.