Fill in Multiple Blanks with a list of possible answers

tom_gibbons
Community Contributor

Okay. I think the answer to this is "no," but maybe there's some clever-clogs out there who knows a good way to do this. 

Say I want to create a fill-in-multiple-blanks question for which there are six answer blanks, and I want people to answer with all six terms, without regard to order. So, something like this: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are Aristotle's six elements of tragic poetry?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a way to construct this sort of question *without* using a term bank/dropdown list with distractors, or anything like that? I want the student to recall each of these elements on their own, and to list each element only once. 

I know that I *could* create this with all six answers as valid for each slot, but then someone could enter the same answer for all six and get full credit. I want the available correct answers to be eliminated from the list of correct answers as they're checked against the set. 

The only other way I can think to do this is as an essay response box. 

0 Likes