cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Fix error in New Quiz correct answers, and then regrade

Jump to solution

What is the process by which I correct an incorrect answer in a multiple choice question in New Quiz after my students have taken the exam? As has always been the case, I do an item analysis of any exam after the students have taken it, and before I post the grades, to make sure I have not made any mistakes, or included an unfair question.

I need to edit the multiple choice question to the correct answer, and then see that reflected in my students' score. How do I do that? To be clear, I have 400 students.

Thank you!

(P.S. It seems, at first glance, to be an issue that I have banked the question, as NEW Quiz only allows the questions to be edited "in the bank." Surely that does not prevent me from fixing what is essentially the "answer key", and then my students' scores being corrected accordingly? Again, I have not yet posted the scores, if that matters.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surveyor II

After I posted my question, I stumbled across most of an answer here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-regrade-an-assessment-question-in-New-Q...

What it does not include, and I can't quite figure out, is that it seems to take a while to go through? I feel like I clicked the final "Regrade" and then... what?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor II

After I posted my question, I stumbled across most of an answer here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-regrade-an-assessment-question-in-New-Q...

What it does not include, and I can't quite figure out, is that it seems to take a while to go through? I feel like I clicked the final "Regrade" and then... what?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Update: it has now been applied correctly and my students' scores have been updated.

NOW -- can I fix it "permanently" by editing it and fixing it in the exam and in the item bank?

Instructions could stand to be much more transparent, and user function needs improvement here.

It needs to be a heck of a lot easier to fix a mistake on one's "answer key" before even posting the grades to the students, and not have to have it marked as "re-graded" on every student's exam (which it seems like it will be? not sure.)

But right now, I could use some help on knowing whether now -- having made sure that my students' scores are reflecting the fix -- I can make the change in the original quiz and in the item bank without screwing anything up!

Seems like I have successfully done so. BUT...

NOW -- why, once I've now regraded, and corrected the answer in the quiz and in the item bank, why does it not change in the "Quiz and Item Analysis Report"

Thanks.