cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradleyroche777
Community Member

Force password change

Hello! Is it possible to 'force password change' when learners log in for the first time? (I know how to change passwords as both a teacher and user.) 

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @bradleyroche777 ...

I'm not exactly sure of an answer for you, but I wanted to let you know that I will share your question with the Canvas Developers‌ group here in the Community in hopes that your question will get some additional exposure.  If you are not following this group, please click on the link I've provided, and then you'll see two buttons at the top right corner to click on: "Follow" and "Actions" >> "Join group".  I hope this will help!

Also, some schools (and my school does this already) have their users sign in to Canvas via a SSO (Single Sign-On) experience.  So, we never see the standard Canvas login page...as we have our own school login page that signs us in to Canvas.  Our IT department has also configured our passwords so that we have to change them every "x" number of days...not repeating the same password we used previously.  So, this might also might be something to think about as it relates to your question.

Thanks Bradley...

Hey  @chofer ‌. Thanks for chiming in. Yeah, I'm in the VET sector with both private clients and a lot of different Govt departments, so don't really want to integrate our student management system with canvas in that way or to that extent (ie. via SSO). Cheers, Mate.  

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Hey  @bradleyroche777 

It looks like this came through as an idea back in 2016 but didn't have a lot of support at that time.  

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4400 

You're welcome to resubmit to Ideas‌ if you'd like to share your use case!