cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathan_carlyo
Community Member

Foreign Languages in Canvas

Jump to solution

I am working with faculty who teach Japanese and Arabic. They have trouble importing and exporting files. Often the text is rendered incorrectly. Is there a way to add a meta tag within the html editor of a Page so as to prevent this? Maybe, <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-2022-JP"> (too easy?)

In general, what information can you give me regarding languages within Canvas? Spanish works well; but Japanese is difficult to work with when submitting and exporting documents. Especially with Word and Excel.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Stefanie,

Thanks! We have had some success using iframe to embed documents within a Canvas page. Thanks for your help. I've joined the Español group!! Gracias.

Jonathan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@jonathan_carlyo ​, I'm sorry that your question has been sitting out here for a while with no response. I've shared it with a few spaces (Instructional Designers, Canvas Developers) to see if anyone has grappled with the files/meta tag issue.

With regard to the second (general) part of your question, I've shared it with the Español​ group to enhance its visibility; perhaps the members there have devised strategies that can be extrapolated to managing files in Japanese and Arabic language classes.

Hi Stefanie,

Thanks! We have had some success using iframe to embed documents within a Canvas page. Thanks for your help. I've joined the Español group!! Gracias.

Jonathan

View solution in original post

@jonathan_carlyo ​, de nada, con mucho gusto.