cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner II

Forget to Click on Rubric

Jump to solution

We have a lot of teachers who will be using the Learning Mastery gradebook in the fall for grading.  I've noticed a few things that can be problematic:

1. I am in Speedgrader and I click on the rubric but forget to hit save.  

2. I am in Speedgrader and I forget all together to click on the rubric but still give it a points score in the traditional grade book.

Is there any type of notification for either of these scenarios?  Are we just relying on the students to say that there was no grade on the rubric?  As a teacher, I'm not sure I would ever catch these scenarios unless I went through Speedgrader one more time to ensure the rubric had been scored.  Am I missing something?  This seems like a pretty big deal!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

cunninghama@wdmcs.org, greetings! In response to your scenarios, no, there isn't any type of built-in notification to let an Instructor know they either didn't save the rubric or skipped the rubric. I haven't specifically polled my faculty on this issue, but for myself, I'll say I don't think the 2nd scenario has ever happened to me - my rubric serves a purpose, so it's easier to use it than not. For the first scenario, I've had this happen a time or two, but honestly, it rarely happens and the more comfortable/familiar you are with Canvas, the less likely it is to happen. 

Sorry I can't be of more help. 

Kona

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

cunninghama@wdmcs.org, greetings! In response to your scenarios, no, there isn't any type of built-in notification to let an Instructor know they either didn't save the rubric or skipped the rubric. I haven't specifically polled my faculty on this issue, but for myself, I'll say I don't think the 2nd scenario has ever happened to me - my rubric serves a purpose, so it's easier to use it than not. For the first scenario, I've had this happen a time or two, but honestly, it rarely happens and the more comfortable/familiar you are with Canvas, the less likely it is to happen. 

Sorry I can't be of more help. 

Kona

View solution in original post