cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Form completed by teacher to start discussion with student

Jump to solution

I'd like to be able to create a form that the teacher can fill out for a student (after an in-person interview) and then the student can see the responses and give feedback. I've tried to use the quiz functionality but that has to be started by the participant, and then the only thing the teacher could do is submit comments.  Discussions are freeform (don't include a form structure) and are open for everyone to see, and I'd like this conversation to be private to the teacher and student. Does anyone have an idea?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Probably have to use one of the LTI tools because I can't think of anything native within canvas that will do that.  I'll keep an eye out too!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Jennifer,

Have you tried using the Collaboration tool? What are Collaborations

You can create a document you share with just the student. This sounds like it might work for you

Highlighted

Thanks so much, James, but I'm not sure that's going to do the trick in this case. I really need the form structure, where the questions are determined ahead of time like in a survey. But I need the ability for the instructor to fill out the survey first, then the student to respond to it. Like a reverse quiz. Also, I need to be able to get the data out of Canvas for reporting purposes. But I'll definitely keep Collaborations in mind for other purposes!

Highlighted

Probably have to use one of the LTI tools because I can't think of anything native within canvas that will do that.  I'll keep an eye out too!

View solution in original post