cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Forwarding student messages from Canvas

Jump to solution

How can I forward Canvas email messages to school administrators/security who are not included in my 

Canvas course lists? I need to forward a series of conversations with a student to security. 

thank you,

lp

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello lis2062215@maricopa.edu...

The short answer is that you cannot do this from within Canvas.  First, Canvas does not have e-mail.  The Canvas "Inbox" is also sometimes referred to as "messaging" or "Conversations".  It's meant for conversations to happen between you and your students in your courses...not for communication outside of the class.  So, if you need to forward one or more messages, your best bet will be to copy/paste those messages into your school e-mail client (such as MS Outlook) an then send your message from there.  Hope this helps, Lisa.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello lis2062215@maricopa.edu...

The short answer is that you cannot do this from within Canvas.  First, Canvas does not have e-mail.  The Canvas "Inbox" is also sometimes referred to as "messaging" or "Conversations".  It's meant for conversations to happen between you and your students in your courses...not for communication outside of the class.  So, if you need to forward one or more messages, your best bet will be to copy/paste those messages into your school e-mail client (such as MS Outlook) an then send your message from there.  Hope this helps, Lisa.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Explorer II

Helpful reply, yet sadly insufficient process. Although whatever entity may wish to receive such records may be glad to see that dialogue, the fact that copy/paste was used also implies there is room for someone to alter the content being presented. What we really need here is a way to provide accurate, inalterable, documentation of a conversation -- be that downloaded as a file archive of the back-and-forth, or some other content-capture that doesn't require taking multiple screen shots, AND being able to send that dialogue to someone, either within Canvas or not.

I'd be more happy to see the "archive" tool actually create a file for download.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to work up a well-conceived "idea." Someone else?? Please?