cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wayotte
Community Member

Free For Teacher Pairing Codes

Jump to solution

How can a teacher use Free For Teacher setup parent observers? The option in User Details isn't available to generate paring codes. This will be essential for distance learning as parents will need access.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wayotte
Community Member

Ok, round 3. I think I figured it out. Let me record it so anyone else can also create observers.

First, send the invite to an observer account. At this point, they can accept the account and see all of the course content, assignments, discussions, etc. 

Next click on the three dots on the People page, select the link to student option. Find the student who is to be observed and select them. They can now see the student's work. No code necessary. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi William!

Within FFT, are students able to follow this lesson?:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15036-4212938128 

Please let me know! I have other resources to share, but I want to know that families can connect before sharing more. Smiley Happy

wayotte
Community Member

I couldn't from student view and for some reason I wasn't able to invite one of my email aliases as a new student to try it from an actual student. It kept asking for a join code despite me inviting them from the People screen. I did read as a teacher I should be able to create these codes but the link isn't in the FFT version.

wayotte
Community Member

I got in as a student. I can not generate a pairing code as a student.

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

While you can't pair your "student view" with an observer, the test student you created with an email alias should have worked. As a student in FFT, you should be able to generate a pairing code. Account > Settings > Pair with Observer

Could the "join code" be what they need for the COURSE rather than the pairing? Pairing codes are different than join codes.

OK, I see the code. Is there any way to associate this with parent invites without requiring my students to retrieve these codes from my teacher account?

With FFT, do you have access to this menu?

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15564-4152978360 

wayotte
Community Member

I do not. I also can't assign codes to observers.

wayotte
Community Member

Ok, round 3. I think I figured it out. Let me record it so anyone else can also create observers.

First, send the invite to an observer account. At this point, they can accept the account and see all of the course content, assignments, discussions, etc. 

Next click on the three dots on the People page, select the link to student option. Find the student who is to be observed and select them. They can now see the student's work. No code necessary. 

View solution in original post