Front page heading/old work

Jump to solution
gebharp
Community Novice

I use one of my pages as the front page, but even though I have a date and heading when I edit it, these two things don't show up when I view/student view it....How can I change that?

Also, I would like my students to be able to go back to previous 'front pages' and complete work if desired.  Is this possible?  I am wondering if perhaps the way I set up is not as conducive to students being able to go back and complete old work.

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @gebharp ...

I use one of my pages as the front page, but even though I have a date and heading when I edit it, these two things don't show up when I view/student view it....How can I change that?

When you set one of your pages as the "Front Page", the title of that page does not display when you and your students click on the "Home" button in your course.  It may seem a bit redundant, but one work-around to this would be to put the page title in the body of the page text and change the heading size (not the font size) to something that you want...so that it would show up on the "Home"/"Front Page" for you and your students.

Also, I would like my students to be able to go back to previous 'front pages' and complete work if desired.  Is this possible?  I am wondering if perhaps the way I set up is not as conducive to students being able to go back and complete old work.

You could do this by setting up a module within your course with all these previous "Front Pages"...so that students can easily find them.  Would that be a good solution for your needs?

View solution in original post

0 Likes