cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Fudge Points for Class

Jump to solution

Is there a way to add Fudge Points to an entire class for a quiz?  Or do I have to manually add them in for every student?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi dmckie@nvcc.edu,

Unfortunately, you'll have to manually input the fudge points for each individual student. You can also just go through the gradebook and manually input a new score for students.

You could use the "Quiz Regrade" feature to change the correct answer for a question and award students back points that way. You can also set a default grade for a quiz, but this would just give all of the students in your course the same grade as opposed to just adding a certain amount of points: How do I set a default grade for an assignment? 

Best,
Nick

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi dmckie@nvcc.edu,

Unfortunately, you'll have to manually input the fudge points for each individual student. You can also just go through the gradebook and manually input a new score for students.

You could use the "Quiz Regrade" feature to change the correct answer for a question and award students back points that way. You can also set a default grade for a quiz, but this would just give all of the students in your course the same grade as opposed to just adding a certain amount of points: How do I set a default grade for an assignment? 

Best,
Nick

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Nick,

That's a bummer, but thank you.

Highlighted
Community Member

It would be an easy feature to add to allow you to adjust the quiz each quiz by 1 point.   I could do it faster in excel had I not used CANVAS.  Why not include it?

Highlighted
Adventurer III

Why don't you curve the quiz instead? I know some faculty export the gradebook as CSV file and batch edit the score in the CSV and reupload the gradebook. Does it worth the effort?

Highlighted
Surveyor II

Having to open each student page, drag the scroll slider to the bottom, move the mouse over to the fudge points box, and clicking update score for each student is really hard on my wrist (I have carpal tunnel). Any word on the progress with updating this feature yet?

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels