cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kelstob
Community Member

Future enrollment

Jump to solution

Students cannot see the course material - the message they receive is the course is listed under "Future Enrollments"

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @kelstob  Welcome to the Canvas Community. I get this question at my own institution this time of year, and there are two possible things that you did not do:

-You either did not publish the course site, as covered here:  How do I publish a course?  OR

-If you published it, you may have to adjust the "Starts" date, assuming your institution allows you to do this.  This is covered here:  How do I change the start and end dates for a course?  Be careful with this one, though, because as the screen warns you this may conflict with the term dates that are established administratively at your institution for Canvas.  I send around a message to faculty at my own institution regarding this, since there's a few factors at play here, especially with the End date.

I hope this helps a bit, Kevin!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @kelstob  Welcome to the Canvas Community. I get this question at my own institution this time of year, and there are two possible things that you did not do:

-You either did not publish the course site, as covered here:  How do I publish a course?  OR

-If you published it, you may have to adjust the "Starts" date, assuming your institution allows you to do this.  This is covered here:  How do I change the start and end dates for a course?  Be careful with this one, though, because as the screen warns you this may conflict with the term dates that are established administratively at your institution for Canvas.  I send around a message to faculty at my own institution regarding this, since there's a few factors at play here, especially with the End date.

I hope this helps a bit, Kevin!

View solution in original post

kelstob
Community Member

Thank you - I think I have worked out the problem - it was the dates - I had published but did not realize that the dates had been automatically set to be for the beginning of classes and I was sending out an email so that students could see the material the weekend before. I modified the dates and the problem was solved.

Thanks again.

KE

Dr. Kevin Elstob

Office Hours (Fall 2017): Wed and Thurs 4.15-5.45pm, and by appointment

Office: 2013 Mariposa Hall

Web page: http://www.csus.edu/indiv/e/elstobk/index.htm

Mailing Address: Foreign Languages Department

California State University, Sacramento

6000 J Street

Sacramento, CA 95819-6807