GDocs showing up in preview mode in Speedgrader when students submit via linked GDrive

Jump to solution
chrhitch
Community Participant

I teach for an online school where students work at their own pace. Also, our students do not have school Google accounts but use their personal accounts. A colleague and I have students complete their assignments in Google Docs and submit a URL. For students who have linked their Google Drive accounts to Canvas and submitting their work via the Google Drive tab (rather than website URL), their links are often submitted with /preview at the end. When we open those links in the Speedgrader, we cannot leave comments directly on their documents as the commenting feature for GDocs is not active. I have a message I sent to students with a link to a screencast showing them how to fix this, but is there anything else we can do to prevent this from happening? Thanks!

1 Solution
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@chrhitch  

Can you please report this through support.  It does seem that if you students are only allowed to submit a URL that the GDrive option should not exist for them.

View solution in original post

0 Likes