cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Gamifying my canvas class

Jump to solution

I'm looking for ways to gamify the courses I'm teaching in canvas. These are courses for graduate students. In a recent class I used 3D Game Lab and like the leaderboard/quest/badge type format but it does not integrate with canvas and I'd rather not use two systems. Any suggestions on how to create quests in my classes? Give students badges? or use a leaderboard? THANKS!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Team
Community Team

Hello, browning_md@mercer.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community! You'll find that this has been extensively discussed in the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/gamification?sr=search&searchId=c0cfb12c-757d-4e1c-8248-5e6ef...‌ group. You can freely view the resources there without actually joining the group--but if you'd also like to participate in the ongoing discussions there, you can join the group by navigating to the home page for the group and selecting Join Group from the Actions dropdown that appears at the upper right of the page. 

I'm sure you'll find lots of ideas and resources there!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Community Team
Community Team

Hello, browning_md@mercer.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community! You'll find that this has been extensively discussed in the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/gamification?sr=search&searchId=c0cfb12c-757d-4e1c-8248-5e6ef...‌ group. You can freely view the resources there without actually joining the group--but if you'd also like to participate in the ongoing discussions there, you can join the group by navigating to the home page for the group and selecting Join Group from the Actions dropdown that appears at the upper right of the page. 

I'm sure you'll find lots of ideas and resources there!

View solution in original post

Community Coach
Community Coach

browning_md@mercer.edu,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie