cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Getting a quiz and taking it as a student via the API

Jump to solution

I am aware that a student can take quizzes in the Canvas mobile app.

There are APIs for retrieving questions of a quiz and starting a quiz session.

I don't see how to submit student provided answers to quiz questions via the API.

I DO see that there is an API to submit scores for each question and complete the quiz taking session (turn it in).

Is it the case that the student responses can't be submitted so that they are visible in Canvas?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner II

I thought you might be able to do it by submitting a quiz event (Quiz Submission Events - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation), but I cannot get it to do it.  I noticed the captured events from using the browser have questionId instead of question_id, but that didn't help.

Has anyone used the submit quiz submission endpoint?  Should it be able to be used to answer questions?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, skeesler@ecornell.com...

While I don't necessarily have an answer for you, I wanted to let you know that I am going to share your question with the Canvas Mobile Users Group‌ and the Canvas Developers‌ groups here in the Community in hopes that your question will get some more exposure.  If you are not following either of these groups, please use the links that I have provided to click on the "Follow" buttons at the top right corner of those pages.  Also, near the "Follow" button is a link for "Actions".  Go there, and then select "Join group".  I hope this will be helpful to you, Sean.  Good luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I would definitely ask this question in the Canvas Developers‌ group since it's more of an API than a mobile question. I'm not sure if the app uses a public or private API, but I'm sure someone in this group knows. Thanks. 

Highlighted
Learner II

I thought you might be able to do it by submitting a quiz event (Quiz Submission Events - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation), but I cannot get it to do it.  I noticed the captured events from using the browser have questionId instead of question_id, but that didn't help.

Has anyone used the submit quiz submission endpoint?  Should it be able to be used to answer questions?

View solution in original post

Labels