cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Glitch with Assignment Comments Box in Speed Grader

Jump to solution

Is anyone else experiencing a bug when typing Assignment Comments in Speed Grader? I've noticed this problem for about two weeks: when I am viewing an assignment in Speed Grader and I'm typing an assignment comment in the text box, the view/window keeps snapping back to the top of the page. It doesn't allow me to see what I'm typing as I go--the window keeps jumping around.

I'm using Google Chrome, and have tried this on two computers (a PC and Macbook Air), and it's always the same. The glitch makes it difficult to type more than a couple sentences in the assignment comments box, because the screen won't stay on the box as I'm typing! Is anyone else having this problem?

I suppose I could try using a different browser, but I always work in Chrome, I'm used to typing lengthy assignment comments without issues, and have never had this problem before about two weeks ago. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hello, tania.jabour@gcccd.edu and  Welcome to the Canvas Community! We're currently discussing this at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/11857-assignment-comments-feedback ; that idea has been placed into moderation (i.e., it's not open for voting) because this will first need to be evaluated by support, and the author of the idea has submitted a ticket.

Please start a support case of your own (following the instructions in How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?‌); a screencast of the phenomenon would greatly assist our support team in investigating the behavior, and you can also include the URL to this discussion and the related idea in the description field.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hello, tania.jabour@gcccd.edu and  Welcome to the Canvas Community! We're currently discussing this at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/11857-assignment-comments-feedback ; that idea has been placed into moderation (i.e., it's not open for voting) because this will first need to be evaluated by support, and the author of the idea has submitted a ticket.

Please start a support case of your own (following the instructions in How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?‌); a screencast of the phenomenon would greatly assist our support team in investigating the behavior, and you can also include the URL to this discussion and the related idea in the description field.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Our teachers and graders are have raised similar issues, in the last month. And have tried the same troubleshooting methods with no success. 

Highlighted
Community Member

I am also having this problem.  Did anyone get a solution yet?

Highlighted
Community Member

I am also having problems here. Help!

Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks to others for posting that they are having the same problem. When I first posted about this issue, Canvas sent me a form-response inviting me to live-cast the problem to them. I did not feel compelled to download the software and spend the time elaborating on a bug that is so obvious, widespread, and disruptive to our work--they should be able to easily assess the problem without a live-cast from me. All that is to say that if anyone wants to follow up and do that, please feel free. I have heard no further responses from Canvas regarding this issue, and it's been unresolved for months.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Yes, one of our instructors has reported this same issue, too.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Has anyone heard an update on this?  I have someone experiencing the same issue. It makes leaving comments almost impossible when you can't see what you're typing. 

Highlighted

I haven’t heard anything, but I really wish Canvas would hurry. It is very, very annoying.

Highlighted
Community Member

Seriously, this is driving me nuts.  Basic functionality.  Please fix this Canvas.