cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anna_selway
Community Member

Global Announcement - remove the ability for the user to close it

Jump to solution

Hello is there a way we can remove the option for students to close a global announcement?   We would like to control them through dates.

Any help would be wonderful

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello anna.selway​...

As far as I'm aware, there is not an option like this in the current user interface.  I don't even know if this would be possible using custom JavaScript.  It sounds like a great idea, though, and one that you could post over in the Canvas Feature Ideas space here in the Canvas Community.  Hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello anna.selway​...

As far as I'm aware, there is not an option like this in the current user interface.  I don't even know if this would be possible using custom JavaScript.  It sounds like a great idea, though, and one that you could post over in the Canvas Feature Ideas space here in the Canvas Community.  Hope this helps!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

And anna.selway, while we're on the subject, I'll direct you to some feature ideas that are associated with the behavior of Global Announcements:

(This sounds somewhat like what you're describing, so you might want to post your comments there)

(my idea)

" modifiedtitle="true" title="Create Global Announcement capability at the Sub-Account level (This one's in the "Under Consideration" stage and remains open for voting and comments)

Vote early, vote often! Smiley Happy