Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jschaffer
Learner II

Gmail in Canvas?

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone,

After searching the community I cannot find a definitive answer on this topic so I thought I would ask it anew here with the hope of getting some clarity.  From what I can tell, as an admin, I can enable to Google Apps LTI which would allow our users (with some limitations) to use collaborations, docs, sheets, presentations, and even drawings in Canvas.  However, it does not appear as though there is a connection to Gmail.  Is this accurate?  is there any way to connect over to Gmailform Canvas, either via the Google LTI or otherwise? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dhulsey
Explorer

jschaffer‌, the notification system in Canvas will work with Gmail to send notifications to Gmail. Also, people may reply to notifications for things like announcements and conversation messages. However, there is no additional functionality available through the Google LTI integration for Gmail as far as I know. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
dhulsey
Explorer

jschaffer‌, the notification system in Canvas will work with Gmail to send notifications to Gmail. Also, people may reply to notifications for things like announcements and conversation messages. However, there is no additional functionality available through the Google LTI integration for Gmail as far as I know. 

View solution in original post

I figured.  Thanks for the confirmation. 

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi jschaffer,

I am with  @dhulsey  on this one, there is no GMail integration that I have yet seen (such as displaying the GMail window), within Canvas at this time.

I will take the opportunity to share this with the Canvas Admins‌ and Canvas Developers‌ groups to see if anyone might have used some magic to make something similar work.

Hope that helps!

Stuart

sherzadasadulla
Community Member

heloo