cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Google Assignments LTI 1.3 and Blueprint Courses

We have blueprint courses created and synced with student courses.  In the blueprint courses, our teachers have created Google Assignments with LTI 1.3 integration so that it forces a copy of a document for each student.  When they are synced with the student courses, the Google doc does not appear for the students.

Labels (2)
15 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

I was testing the tool and have this same issue.  It is no-go for us.  We use BluePrint courses going out to 18 different sub-accounts with associated courses.  Google assignment is pushed down, but no files are attached under Associated courses.  i contacted Canvas, they send me to Google.  Google did not provide any support and did not know what i was even talking about.  I hope this issue is resolved by Google before Canvas discontinue Google Cloud assignment with Google LTI. I think date was set for September 2021. 

Highlighted

Have you found any solutions to this?

Highlighted

As of this moment, the only way is for the Teachers to attach assignment files under each course (this is not a good solution for our model).  Canvas is waiting on Google to address this issue since Google built the tool.  If you try to talk to Google they do not know anything about this since Blueprinting is the Canvas feature. I feel like I am stuck in a ping-pong game.

Highlighted
Surveyor II

Have you tried using the import feature?  I am curious if that would work.  Seems like a lot of extra work but maybe something?

Highlighted

That is a great idea, I will have to try and test that.

Highlighted

Can you please share the result of your testing? This is critical for our process as well. Thank you all so much! This is an incredibly valuable conversation – as I'm concerned about these new 'updates'. 

Highlighted
Surveyor

I finish testing this using the export and import feature and it is no-go.  Assignments do not include attached files.  I also tried to use the Canvas copy feature from the module and the attached files do not copy. Some of the Teachers reported that even if Google LTI Assignments successfully copied via BluePrint, they could not Edit and attache file assignment.  They had to remove the entire assignment and add it again and then add their own files.   Clearly Google LTI is created for Single Teacher loading assignment to their own course.  This tool is not performing as Google Cloud assignments did. Back to square one.

Highlighted

@leo_satara We're running into the same issues as we have attempted to set our courses up predominantly on the blueprint design model.  We have a call 9/28 with Google Cloud support on this topic, will relay any information we can provide.

Highlighted

Has there been any updates on using Google Assignments LTI1.3 in blueprints, or any other issue that we are having with it? I hate that our teachers are becoming frustrated with this tool and getting ready to give up on it. I would love to see the issues worked out so that we can use it with more efficiency.