cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtomaszewski
Surveyor

Google Cloud Assignment fails to load.

We are using Google Cloud Assignments exclusively in our course. For almost every assignment, we have one or two students per class where the assignment fails to load. The "wheel" spins for as long as we let it try. We have tried closing the browser, logging out of Canvas, and restarting the Chromebook, none of which have worked. I have not yet found a workaround for this issue. Any suggestions on how to address this would be very appreciated.

8 Replies
dloomis
Learner II

We also have been experiencing random students not able to access Google cloud assignments. If you have not yet opened a case with Canvas support, please do so as I was told that they prioritize issues based on the number of support cases they receive.

jcrawford
Community Member

We've seen a lot of similar issues today... both with kids being able to open the assignment and submit the assignment. Many submissions are coming in as errors:

Error message when assignment opened in Speedgrader

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jtomaszewski ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Hi Robbie,

We have not yet found a solution but it seems to have (mostly) resolved itself. Several weeks passed without a problem then last week one of our teachers experienced the problem again.

Jeremy

alissa_groll
Community Member

I am struggling with a few students each hour who can't get there google cloud assignments to load.  They have submitted in Canvas to authorize google access.  Watching for responses here. 

sgrenier
Surveyor

I have tried something that worked just now! I shared the work directly with the affected students. Then when they reloaded the assignment in Canvas it allowed them access. This is leading me to believe that it is not sharing with all students when use Cloud Assignments.

Hope this helps...

BTW we also tried a different browser and that didn't help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a problem at our school too. The last class period had 4 (seemingly) random students who could not access the cloud assignment in Canvas. All students should have the same access, but there seem to always be a few who do not.  May try that "share directly with those students" workaround for today.

Hi Sara, I know it's been a long time since your post but I wanted to clarify what you meant by "when they reloaded the Canvas assignment it allowed them acess." Did you mean you shared the doc with the students through Google drive and then when they tried to open the cloud doc in Canvas, it worked? I'd love to get any insight you can share. Thanks.

Just in case your original post doesn't come with this question, here it is

I have tried something that worked just now! I shared the work directly with the affected students. Then when they reloaded the assignment in Canvas it allowed them access. This is leading me to believe that it is not sharing with all students when use Cloud Assignments.