cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craig_spraggins
Community Member

Google Doc Integration With Teacher Comments in Canvas - Help

I'm trying to use a Google Document that each student has their own copy of to provide daily updates. As the teacher, I need provide feedback on each student's individual Google Document. This should only be one document per student as to note a running log of comments and progress.

I'd like to be able to complete this task using Canvas with the Google integration feature.

Please help and thank you.

Craig spraggins

0 Kudos
3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @craig_spraggins ...

I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting here unanswered since you first posted it on November 1, 2017.  It seems as though you may have stumped the Canvas Community with your question.  Have you been able to come up with any solutions on your own since you first posted this question over four months ago?  Or, are you still looking for some assistance with this question?  If you could please come back to provide an update, that would be helpful.  For now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've necessarily found an answer for you, but more because there hasn't been any new activity in this particular topic for well over four months.  This will not prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic, however.  I hope that's alright with you, Craig.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

ltaylor10
Surveyor II

Did you ever get guidance on this topic?  I have a teacher asking the same thing.  Apparently, when students submit via Google LTI, the document isn't "Live" so teacher can't give feedback (comments/highlight) unless student shares the doc.  If students make changes, teacher can't see unless students submit.

MrsAdamsTeach
Surveyor II

Unfortunately, I think that that is a limitation with the Google side of things, versus Canvas.  I know that when I went to CanvasCon last year, I spoke with the Google people, and they said they were working on some things for their LTI to make it easier to use. I'm hoping that that is one of those things.