Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Google Drive submission not working

Jump to solution

Hello!

The google drive submission tab is not working for me and my teachers. It says, "We're sorry, but something went wrong. If you are the application owner check the logs for more information." How do I fix this? I looked through Canvas settings as well, and it says that the Google Drive LTI IAD-Prod has expired today. Does that have anything to do with it? Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Thanks, I finally figured out that's where people were seeing the issue. The expiration is for the security token issued by the application. Those have short lifespans and are refreshed when you go back into the application, so the expiration is normal and not reflective of an issue. But, people saw that a rumors spread like wildfire that our district let the "agreement" with Google expire without notifying stass.

After last night's maintenance event, I'm now able to connect to Google Drive from my account and one for a student that initially reported the problem. The last status update said: "Tonight's scheduled maintenance event is complete. Your users can now access and use the Google Apps LTI as normal." 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer III

v33hsieh‌, where in the settings do you see this message. I'm getting reports from my teachers as well...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have an assignment added in "External Tool" and linked to my google drive. It shows this message from there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry, we're also seeing the something went wrong message. I'd meant where are people seeing that the LTI expired today?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

If you go to "Account", then "Settings", under "Approved Integrations", the app "Google Drive LTI IAD-Prod" is shown to expire on May 26 at 12:30pm (that's what it says for me at least). 

Highlighted

Thanks, I finally figured out that's where people were seeing the issue. The expiration is for the security token issued by the application. Those have short lifespans and are refreshed when you go back into the application, so the expiration is normal and not reflective of an issue. But, people saw that a rumors spread like wildfire that our district let the "agreement" with Google expire without notifying stass.

After last night's maintenance event, I'm now able to connect to Google Drive from my account and one for a student that initially reported the problem. The last status update said: "Tonight's scheduled maintenance event is complete. Your users can now access and use the Google Apps LTI as normal." 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

audra_agnelly@hcpss.org

Thanks for taking the time to share this important information and for being so helpful to your fellow community members, especially in these difficult times. Please check your direct messages for a small token of our appreciation. :0)

Thanks again for all that you do and keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Canvas Community Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Scenerio 6 task 1. It can't see my Discussion 1 when I press the Evaluate button

0 Kudos
Highlighted

amyjanet.reiss@cms.k12.nc.us Welcome to the Canvas Community!

This sounds like a message meant for your instructor specific to a course you're taking. If you need assistance from the teacher, please contact them directly through the Canvas Inbox.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

I am getting reports of the same issue.

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels