cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saw2112
Community Member

Google Earth in Canvas

Jump to solution

Is there any method to integrate or embed from Google Earth into Canvas?  I see an app which allows Google Maps, but not Google Earth.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dwahl_sales
Instructure
Instructure

HI saw2112​,

While it's probably lacking some features of the stand-alone desktop application, google maps does have a "3D Earth mode" which allows you to zoom, spin, etc... all with the features of Google Earth.  Here's Instructure HQ in 3D! Google Maps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello saw2112​...

Doing a quick search of Google, I came across this website: Google Earth Outreach.  However, it says that the Embed Gadget tool is no longer available.  But, it is still possible to use the Google Earth API.  All this being said, I have no idea if it will work or not inside of Canvas.  If there is any embed code that you can harvest for your Canvas page, it may or may not work.  Sometimes Canvas strips out some elements of embed code from certain websites...and so it makes whatever you were trying to embed not viewable.

Here's other search results...in case you would like to check out some other options: https://www.google.com/?ion=1&espv=2#q=embed%20google%20earth

Hope this helps, Sarah!

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

saw2112, I would love to see this in action if you can make it happen, maybe with the help of the people over in the Instructional Designers​ group, so I've shared your question with them. If you're not yet a member, it only takes a few clicks to join (click on the group, select the Actions dropdown at the upper right, and click "Join Group").

dwahl_sales
Instructure
Instructure

HI saw2112​,

While it's probably lacking some features of the stand-alone desktop application, google maps does have a "3D Earth mode" which allows you to zoom, spin, etc... all with the features of Google Earth.  Here's Instructure HQ in 3D! Google Maps

View solution in original post

I just tried it,  @dwahl_sales , and the embed code works perfectly in a Canvas page! Thanks! Smiley Happy