cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Google LTI and syncing

Will an embedded Google file that is transferred to another course sync when changes are made in Drive?  Or a step further, will it sync changes made in Drive to a course that is synced with a Blueprint?

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

krista.heidenreich@lakotaonline.com, as long as it's a dynamic link to the content - so "live" - then yes, it should change when changes are made in Drive and/or regardless of the course or courses it's added or copied to. 

Kona

Highlighted
Community Member

Hi,

We are just running into issues with this.

So:

If a google doc is embedded into a Blueprint course via LTI (the easiest way, and it looks good, and we have trained our teachers to do this), when synced from Blueprint to child course/s a COPY of the google doc will be created for every child course. So any updated to the google doc would need to be made in Blueprint and ALL child courses. 

If the google doc is added via an iframe (getting embed code from google docs) then this issue would be avoided. But this requires more tech training for teachers that is more difficult and should be unnecessary.

My opinion: Why go to all the trouble of creating the Blueprint feature (to save time by creating common content to be shared across multiple courses) but then create even more work if our teachers have used the Google LTI?? I think it's a terrible workflow.

(And then the fact that the Google LTI doesn't connect to Shared Drives (formally Team Drives) is another feature that is severely hampering our efforts of collaboration.)

Highlighted
Surveyor

krista.heidenreich@lakotaonline.com,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

0 Kudos