cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Google LTI only for Google users?

Hello,

We are a non-degree Executive Education center using Canvas. As such, we have 1500 people annually who take programs with us from all across the region and with all different email addresses. We were excited to use the Google LTI to be able to incorporate a Google form assignment across all of our programs in a Welcome module.  It is the most user-friendly and staff-friendly way we have found to get profile information and then have it tabulated in a meaningful and visually appealing way.  Anyway, as I've tested this out, I have found that students are being asked to authorize their Google account.  We have a Google account set up on the back end for the Google forms, but we are not catering to a bulk set of Google/gmail users.  Does this mean we are not able to have people successfully view our Google Form LTI integrated assignment, if they are not using a Gmail account??

Feeling disappointed... any workarounds or knowledge that might help this message from appearing at the bottom for all users in Canvas using our Google form? 

246628_pastedImage_1.png

6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

These suggestions/questions below are relevant to Google forms in general.

• In your Google form settings, do you have the following item checked: "Can submit only 1 response"? That will require a Google authentication.
  • Also in the form is there a file upload allowed? If so, that also will prompt an authentication.

Sky V.

Highlighted
Community Member

Great thoughts. I wish that worked. I just confirmed that I do not have the responses limited to 1, and there is no file upload.

Any other ideas of why it is requesting authentication?

Emily

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi eflo@stthomas.edu

Here are some other Community resources that might help.  I use Google Forms in many of my courses, and have never encountered an authentication issue before.

I hope this helps,

Kelley

Highlighted
Community Member

Kelley,

Do your users all have gmail accounts? Or, what are they using as emails/logins for their Canvas sites?

Thanks! I'll look into the documents you shared!

Emily

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

No on the gmail. Our college uses gmail accounts as our school email provider, but we do not use email for login ID,  we use an employer/student ID number.

However, I also use Google forms in public courses in which users may be coming from anywhere and everywhere, using a bazzillion different email services, and have not had a problem.

Kelley

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

eflo@stthomas.edu,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Labels