cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Grade Book Problems

When I manually put in a grade or update a grade it does not show in the gradebook

Tags (1)
11 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer III

I have teachers who have had the same problem before.  This happened because the students did not submit an assignment, therefore, there was no grade that could be entered.  Did the student/s submit assignments?  If so, how?  If they submitted the assignments through a way not through Canvas, such as paper/pencil, there won't be a grade because Canvas is not finding the grade.  If this is the case, make sure you have "no submission" selected in the Assignment details.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am manually putting the grade in and it does not show up in my grade book.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

But my question is, how did the students submit the assignment?  Canvas needs to detect that the assignment was submitted so you can enter a grade.  Have you tried entering the grades in Speedgrader?

352570_pastedImage_3.png

How do I enter and edit grades in the Gradebook? 

How do I get to SpeedGrader from the Gradebook? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

They're supposed to click on submit quiz. I'll ask at this evening's zoom

meeting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Can you please post a screenshot here of the submission details?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I hope this helps

0 Kudos
Highlighted

OK - it definitely does.  I see that you gave your students a quiz.  What kind of quiz did you give them?  Was this using New Quizzes?  Also, if the quiz was built to grade the questions automatically, then the grades should show up in the Gradebook.  If it's essay questions or free response which you will need to grade, then you need to grade them in Speedgrader.  My hunch is that you need to open Speedgrader and grade the quizzes there and then the grades will show up.  Please let me know what happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

The questions are all fill in the blank. I grade them in speedgrader and

put in the grade. It shows the points, but not in the grade book

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Are you sure you finished grading all of the questions in Speedgrader?  As I mentioned previously, this is the exact same thing that happened to one of my teachers.  I told her to go back to Speedgrader, and sure enough, there were questions that she had not yet graded.  As soon as she finished grading all of the questions, the grades appeared in the gradebook.  Please note: you "might" have to download the students' submissions again.  

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels