Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Grade Changes & Comments Have Been Released - Notification

Jump to solution

Howdy,

I have most of my Canvas notifications set to "off" (I spend more time in Canvas than my own home). There are only like 2 items that are set to daily summary [administrative notifications & content link error] and 2 items set to weekly summary [invitation & announcement]. None are set to immediate notification.

I just posted grades (new gradebook, manual grade posting policy) to the whole class for a column and got an immediate (email) notification stating, "Grade changes and comments have been released for everyone." When I click on update my notifications link on that email, I don't see where I can change settings so I don't get an immediate notification for this. 

What am I missing? 🙂 Thanks,

Sky V.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

svking@fiu.edu‌, it's my understanding that the notification preference that the instructor has set for Grading Policies also governs how and when the 'Grade changes and comments" notifications are sent. As you've described, that does not seem to be working as expected. Would you please submit a support ticket for this?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

Thanks for posting this... I am also curious about where this comes from. We have an instructor who has almost everything set to either daily or weekly but got immediately notified when he posted grades within a course. I then did some testing and turned off all of my notifications and then posted some hidden grades in a test course. I immediately got the same notification in my email listed above. Is this currently an "immediately notify" for everyone?

Highlighted

Andrew, hopefully it will be something that we can control in Notifications in the future 🙂 Thanks for duplicating it.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Sky and Andrew! I looked into this and asked for some guidance myself. The Canvas Deploy Notes includes information on this. I hope it's helpful! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

svking@fiu.edu‌, it's my understanding that the notification preference that the instructor has set for Grading Policies also governs how and when the 'Grade changes and comments" notifications are sent. As you've described, that does not seem to be working as expected. Would you please submit a support ticket for this?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I'm not sure if Sky is still seeing this, but I just did a test and it seems like the behavior may have been fixed. I'm no longer getting the same email notification I received previously when my notification settings are turned off.

Highlighted

That's good to know, ataylor30@cvtc.edu and  Thank You for letting the community know as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I am also getting this notification email, just released some grades and got the immediate response. I have my notifications set to "no emails".

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Supposedly per support, "This is something we have seen where the setting will show as off in the UI but actually be set to "immediately" on the back end.

So... basically if you turn the "grading notification" to immediately and then back to whatever setting you wish (for me, "do not send me anything") then that should take care of it. I tested it this morning and no email notification. 🙂

Yea!

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels