cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dverdonck
Community Member

Grade for a Module Group vs. Assignment Group

Jump to solution

Original Topic Title: Is there any way to get a grade for a module group vs assignment group?

I teach physics and set up each week's lab as a module with three parts, pre-lab, lab activity, post-lab.  I have each of these set to a different assignment group.

Is there a way to see a grade for the module, that is a total for the three parts.

I could reverse the groups and have all the pre-labs in one module, post-labs in another ,... but that doesn't make sense to me and wouldn't flow very well.  It would be really nice if there were sub-groups.

Thanks

David

Message was edited by: Chris Hofer

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tdelillo
Community Member

Couldn't you create an assignment group for each module, and add the 3 assignments to it? Like this:

94128_pastedImage_0.png

Then you'd have a gradebook column for the group that would give you a total for just those.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tdelillo
Community Member

Couldn't you create an assignment group for each module, and add the 3 assignments to it? Like this:

94128_pastedImage_0.png

Then you'd have a gradebook column for the group that would give you a total for just those.

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@dverdonck ​...

Did  @tdelillo ​'s suggestion help answer your question?  Also, I wanted to let you know that I'm going to slightly modify your question title and tag your question with keywords.  Both of these things will make it easier for people to search for your topic should they have similar questions.  Please let me know if the revised title doesn't reflect what you are asking in the body of your message.  We can work to make any corrections.  Hope this is okay with you.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@dverdonck ​, since we haven't heard from you in a while, we're going to mark  @tdelillo ​'s recommendation as the correct answer. This will not close the question for additional comments, so please feel free to post an update.