Grade level and co teaching questions

rapeljei
Community Member

The elementary schools in my district want to have one grade level page shared by all the teachers. In other words, all fourth grade teachers will have editing privileges and divide the work between them. 

This “shared” page is apposed to each teacher having their own page and having to upload all the grade level lessons to their individual classes, or copying from commons.

i have a couple of concerns about the shared page,

1) if all teachers have editing privileges then one teacher could cause havoc for all the other teachers

2) how do teachers separate out assignments in the grade book? Do they need to cross list the classes or create different groups/sections for each teacher

3) we have the potential to transition from fully online to hybrid model with students attending school on different days and the current template is based on weekly lesson plans and each group would be out of sequence.

So my main question is, is it worth it to combine all the teachers by grade level into one “shared” class with editing privileges to reduce teacher workload or would it be better to keep each teacher separate and have each teacher upload the shared lessons to the separate classes. I hope that makes sense. I would love to hear your thoughts before we move forward.

Labels (1)
0 Likes