cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor II

Gradebook assignments in wrong order

Jump to solution

I have my gradebook set to show up based on due dates.  One of my assignments has different due dates for different students.  That one assignment is showing in the wrong order. How can I make it show up where it is supposed to be?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the assignment has multiple due dates I bet it shows in the right order for the individual students based on their assigned  due date. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi lheard@bixbyps.org Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  As an instructor, you can move your assignment columns around any way you want.  All you do is click on column header name of the assignment you want to move, and while still holding down your mouse button, drag it to your desired location within your Gradebook.  Does that help?

Surveyor II

Yes, this can be done, but why doesn't the option to, "Arrange columns by due date" work? If a teacher chooses to arrange by Assignment Group and then moves the order of assignments in the Assignments list, the gradebook will reflect the movement. It is irritating that one has to manipulate the columns when it should reflect Due Date order when that is the option selected in the gear options when in the gradebook.

If the assignment has multiple due dates I bet it shows in the right order for the individual students based on their assigned  due date. 

View solution in original post