cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akadilak
Community Member

Gradebook by MP

All of my assignments are building up and I want to sort them by marking period. Or better yet, only view one marking period at a time. Is there a way to do this similar to what my actual gradebook looks like rather than having everything up all year long? I don't want to delete my assignments or get rid of their grades, I just don't want to see them on the gradebook after the marking period ends.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @akadilak  and welcome to the Community!  I can see the benefit of being able to reduce the number of assignments visible in your gradebook!  I believe that the filter functionality of the new gradebook may be of help here.  I will include a couple of documents related to the gradebook below.  You can filter the gradebook by either assignment group or module, so if your marking periods corresponded to particular modules, for example, you could filter the gradebook to only show the selected marking period.

The new gradebook is optional to use, and before a teacher can turn on this feature it must be enabled by administrators.  

Canvas Release: New Gradebook 

How do I use the New Gradebook? 

Without a filter feature, I do not know of a way to accomplish something similar with the current gradebook.

I hope this helps and good luck!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@akadilak , I’m not sure if it would be exactly what you are wanting or not, but have you considered using grading periods for your course? The following guide includes some information about it and how it works - How do I use grading periods in a course? 

ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @akadilak , I thought I would check back with you regarding your question about marking periods.  Did you have an opportunity to see whether grading periods as  @kona suggested would fit your needs?

All the best!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there  @akadilak ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on January 11, 2018.  It looks like ericwerth and  @kona  have provided some good feedback for you (and, in fact, Eric also checked in with you a month later).  Have you had an opportunity to review their responses?  Did either of their responses help to answer your question?  Do you have any additional questions as it relates to your original question?  If you feel that either Eric's or Kona's response has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark one of their replies as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some assistance, please come back to this topic to post an update for us so that someone from the Community might be able to assist you.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since February 11, 2018.  However, this won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Amy.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.