cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgodkin
Community Member

Gradebook is including future assignments in grade calculation

Jump to solution

I have one course in which the calculated grade seems to be including future assignments.  There are no grades, just the dashes.  I think I have everything set up the same way in all of my courses and all of my other courses seem to be working properly (only including assignments with grades).  I do have the "automatically apply zero to missing submissions" turned on, but as I said, they are not yet missing and I have this turned on in all of my classes.  If I click on a student's name and then get their individual grade report, it is calculated correctly.  Does anyone have any thoughts?  Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tgodkin
Community Member

I head back from Customer Support. They couldn't duplicate the issue so

they had me clear my cache, cookies, etc and that resolved the issue.

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 3:18 PM Godkin, Travis <

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ns3320
Surveyor

Hi  @tgodkin ,

I think you're seeing this because you have "Treat Ungraded as 0" turned on.

Here's a guide on that feature: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10225 

When you export the grades as a CSV file you will see both scores at the end. There will be a current score column which shows the grade without including unsubmitted assignments and a final score column which shows the grade counting unsubmitted assignments as 0.

Nick

tgodkin
Community Member

I don't think this is the case, Nick, as I have this feature turned on in all of my classes and I'm only having this problem with this one class.  The assignments are not due yet and there are no grades entered for any student.  If I unpublish the assignment, the issue is resolved, but that kinda defeats the purpose of publishing future deadlines for students.

That is strange, just out of curiosity. If you turn off "Treat Ungraded as 0" does it still count those future submissions?

tgodkin
Community Member

No, it does not resolve the issue. I just submitted a support ticket, so

we shall see what Canvas has to say about it.

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 2:26 PM ns3320@columbia.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>

tgodkin
Community Member

I head back from Customer Support. They couldn't duplicate the issue so

they had me clear my cache, cookies, etc and that resolved the issue.

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 3:18 PM Godkin, Travis <

View solution in original post