Gradebook

Jump to solution
KarenGalway
Community Member

Hi there,

I've tried to find the answer, but apologies if it is here already. 

Please can you advise how to add a field (column) to gradebook containing name of instructor/grader/marker for each assignment?  The name of whoever enters feedback is logged when feedback is uploaded (saved), so it must be possible to add this to the gradebook?

Even better if a second marker name could be added as a further additional column, but I cannot see how that would be possible as there is no specific place for second marker/moderator comments. 

It would save a lot of admin in the background for purpose of moderating grades across each marker, when dealing with large cohorts of 350+ students. 

Any  guidance welcomed.

Thank you,

Karen

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @KarenGalway ...

For most columns that you see in the Gradebook, each of those columns are associated with a graded assignment, graded quiz, or graded discussion topic in the course.  There are also columns at the end of of the Gradebook that show totals for the course and totals for any Assignment Groups.  There is no way to add additional columns directly in the Gradebook...because everything is tied to a graded assignment of some kind.  The one exception is the "Notes" column...which you can turn on/off.  How do I use the Notes column in the Gradebook? - Canvas Community  There isn't anything I am aware of in the Gradebook that would automatically indicate who graded a particular student's assignment.  But, you could certainly use the "Notes" column to add the name of the person who is grading a particular student throughout the semester.

Do you think this would work for your needs?  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, and be well.

View solution in original post