Highlighted
Community Member

Grades/Gradebook

Jump to solution

First, thank you. The responsiveness is impressive.

* I have 5 categories of assignments (including one for exams). Each is weighted by percentage to calculate the final grade. How can I have Canvas do and show this? I haven't found that option.

* I've entered every assignment in under each of those 5 categories. When I open the grade book it only shows the first (some number) of the many (about 40) assignments. I would like to easily enter grades as I grade each assignment. Must I use SpeedGrader?

Thank you.

Jon

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner II

To setup weighted grades, you'll want to go to the Assignments area and create an assignment group for each category. Then, in the upper right corner by the "+Assignment" button is a menu with three dots that lets you enable weighted grades and specify percentages. Check this article for more details and screenshots: How do I weight the final course grade based on assignment groups? 

As for using Grades, your computer or browser will have settings that let you display a horizontal scrollbar. You can use that scrollbar to scroll to the other columns in your Grades area. However, I'd say that Speedgrader is often the fastest way to grade because you can get to it directly from your Dashboard: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12905-4152719658 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Learner II

To setup weighted grades, you'll want to go to the Assignments area and create an assignment group for each category. Then, in the upper right corner by the "+Assignment" button is a menu with three dots that lets you enable weighted grades and specify percentages. Check this article for more details and screenshots: How do I weight the final course grade based on assignment groups? 

As for using Grades, your computer or browser will have settings that let you display a horizontal scrollbar. You can use that scrollbar to scroll to the other columns in your Grades area. However, I'd say that Speedgrader is often the fastest way to grade because you can get to it directly from your Dashboard: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12905-4152719658 

View solution in original post

Labels