cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s_lawler
Surveyor

Grades Release Date

Jump to solution

Is it possible to see a time or date of when marks were released to students?

Thanks

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@s_lawler ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @s_lawler ‌

Could you please clarify a bit.............

• Are you asking when grades are visible to students in their Canvas Gradebook? if so, the answer is immediately.

• Or, are you asking when grades will be released in some third-party transcript tool/SIS integrated with Canvas? If this is what you are asking, then you will need to talk with whomever at your school is responsible for administering and supporting this tool.  However, there is some expertise for many of these tools here in the Community, so if you can tell us what tool, we may be able to direct you to folks who can better answer.

Kelley

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Or, because I noticed you're from the UK, do you mean when the "Moderator" approves grades - How do I post final grades for a moderated assignment as a moderator? If so, then I'm not sure because I've never used this feature in Canvas. I'd start by checking the grading history to see what shows up - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13024-415295585 

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Great catch,  @kona ‌!

Hi Kelley,

I was asking if there was a way in which we can tell what date a tutor had released their marks to the students. As you say, marks can be released immediately but we have no way of knowing what date they were released on. School Admin staff keep records of whether marks were released early, on time or late but with Canvas, they have no way of checking that?

Steve

<http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/>

Stephen Lawler AFHEA

Learning Technology Enhancement Officer

Humanities and Social Science

John Foster Building, 80-98 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, L3 5UZ

t: 01512315071 e: S.Lawler@ljmu.ac.uk<mailto:S.Lawler@ljmu.ac.uk>

Help LJMU become a low carbon university and consider the environment before you print out this email.

Hi Kelley,

I was asking if there was a way in which we can tell what date a tutor had released their marks to the students. As you say, marks can be released immediately but we have no way of knowing what date they were released on. School Admin staff keep records of whether marks were released early, on time or late but with Canvas, they have no way of checking that?

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@s_lawler , the grading history for the course would provide this information. It’s provided by course in the gradebook settings or on the admin side you can run a report per course or assignment, etc. If you are looking for a more global report then you’d probably need to look into a way to access and pull data from the back end of Canvas using Canvas Data and/or some other programming. 

Kona,

Thank you for your reply. I shall take a look and have a chat with our system admin.

Steve

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@s_lawler ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos