cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kajfezt
Community Member

Grades appearing light gray

Jump to solution

My grades are showing up in very light gray (barely visible).  They used to be visible (in black).   How can I get them back to normal?

Tags (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
jamely
Community Member

Sounds like you might have accidentally muted the grades somehow. Does this image replicate the problem?

muted.JPG

If so, you can change it back by hovering over the assignment block (in the example it is the top blue block that says "Training Arena Conversation"), and a small down arrow will show up in the lower right corner of that box. Click on it and select "Unmute Assignment". That will make it so that 1- you can see the grades in black text again, and 2- your students will be able to see the grade that they have been given.

View solution in original post

kajfezt
Community Member

Thanks. . .Is there a way to see the grades in black without unmuting?

5 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @kajfezt ​, I've edited your post to remove the entire question from the subject line, as it's already contained in the body of the post; there's no need to repeat it. I added some tags to the discussion to enhance its visibility in search results.

Now, can you tell us if you're a teacher viewing your Canvas Gradebook or a student looking at your grades through the Grades navigation?

kajfezt
Community Member

Teacher.  Thanks. 

jamely
Community Member

Sounds like you might have accidentally muted the grades somehow. Does this image replicate the problem?

muted.JPG

If so, you can change it back by hovering over the assignment block (in the example it is the top blue block that says "Training Arena Conversation"), and a small down arrow will show up in the lower right corner of that box. Click on it and select "Unmute Assignment". That will make it so that 1- you can see the grades in black text again, and 2- your students will be able to see the grade that they have been given.

kajfezt
Community Member

Thanks. . .Is there a way to see the grades in black without unmuting?

@kajfezt , the change in color depth was an inadvertent byproduct of the last Canvas Production Release; in other words, it's a known bug, and the engineers are in the process of applying a fix. For details, please refer to Muted column in gradebook completely faded out after last release .

If you're using the new UI, a suggested workaround is to turn on the high contrast setting in the UI. It will somewhat improve the visibility of the muted grades.