cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bolducw
Surveyor

Grades blocked for Test Student

I added a Test Student to my course. For one assignment (of many) in the course, Canvas is not allowing me to add a grade for my test student. I was able to add a grade for all other assignments - just one offers no option for entering a grade.

1 Reply
Shar
Navigator II

Hi William Bolduc,

Are you referring to the Canvas Test Student or are you referring to a student account you created to test your grades with? How do I view a course as a test student using Student View?

Attendance, conferences, conversations, collaborations, differentiated assignments, external apps, groups, peer reviews, and profiles do not work for the Test Student. You will see only what you, as the instructor, allow your students to see.

If you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing, we'll be able to give you more specific feedback. But for now to me it seems like your (created) Test Student has probably not been assigned the assignment.

For instance, in this screenshot my (created) Test Student named Shar Student has not been assigned 2 of the assignments so the cell is grey'd out and I cannot enter any.

Student not assigned to some assignments.

Let me know if I'm on the right track,
Cheers - Shar