cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Grading late assignments

Jump to solution

Is there a way to automatically adjust the grade for a late assignment? An example of this would be if someone submitted an assignment late, but all of the answers were right. Is there a way to denote that the grade is 80% of the original scale?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi snelson@relay.edu​...

I don't believe this is currently possible.  But, if you check out this question that was asked earlier this year, Is there a way to automatically deduct points for late assignments?, you'll see there is a link to the Feature Idea, , which is currently "Under Consideration".  You might want to vote on it and/or add your comments as to why it is important to you.  I hope this helps, Stephanie!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi snelson@relay.edu​...

I don't believe this is currently possible.  But, if you check out this question that was asked earlier this year, Is there a way to automatically deduct points for late assignments?, you'll see there is a link to the Feature Idea, , which is currently "Under Consideration".  You might want to vote on it and/or add your comments as to why it is important to you.  I hope this helps, Stephanie!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks so much! Sorry that I missed the related idea on my search. Appreciate you sharing it with me!!!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Chris is correct that there's no way to automatically do this, but I will add that when I manually do this I add a comment to the grade with the original grade and then a note that it was lowered by X % or points for being X days late. This way the student knows why they got the grade they got and I know if I go back to the gradebook later in the semester.

Highlighted
Community Member

I could not find a way to do this either, but there is a button in the gradebook named 'late policy' in the new Gradezilla feature.  This feature is currently in beta, but this may be the start of the feature you are looking for!.

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels