cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmkirk
Surveyor

Grading problems with 2/25/21 update

Since the 2/25/21 update to the ios Canvas Teacher app, I'm having the following problems when grading on an iPad with an iPencil:

1) I can no longer swipe between submissions of an assignment if I have made comments on that assignment.  I have to go back to the assignment each time to access another student's submission.

2) If there are multiple file submissions uploaded onto an assignment, I can make comments only on the first of the file submissions.  The menu where I would select an annotation method doesn't activate at all on the other files..

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pyyu
Surveyor

For problem 2, try to click "comment" instead of "files", you can see the uploaded files in "comment". You can make annotation on all the files found in "comment". I've just found it out!

That workaround worked for me too.  Thanks! 

Weird that it works under comments, but not under files.

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

As for #1, this feature is still available for the iPhone, so my assumption is there is an issue with the iPad version preventing the swipe action and it will be brought back in a future update. If I find anything out, I'll post back here. 

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jmkirk 

Canvas Teacher 1.12.1 was just released with a possible fix for this issue. Can you try out this update and see if it fixes this issue? 

jmkirk
Surveyor

Yes, the problems were solved via the 1.12.1 version.  Great to see Instructure responding so quickly.