cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Grading tools not available on some documents in SpeedGrader

Jump to solution

When I am using SpeedGrader, some versions of papers that students submit have all of the grading tools in the bar above them, others don't.  How can I transfer papers to the correct format so the tools are available?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, noah.racey@colostate.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community! Yes, your assumption is absolutely correct: the annotation tools display in Speedgrader for supported file types, as detailed in How do I use SpeedGrader? (.pdf, .doc/.docx, and .ppt/.pptx), so if, for example, you've allowed Text Entry as an available submission option, the annotation tools will not display for those.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I know I am a luddite when it comes to Canvas, so I am probably missing something obvious. Do some of the versions of assignment submission offer the grading tools and some don't?  Anyone out there have any help for a Canvas beginner?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, noah.racey@colostate.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community! Yes, your assumption is absolutely correct: the annotation tools display in Speedgrader for supported file types, as detailed in How do I use SpeedGrader? (.pdf, .doc/.docx, and .ppt/.pptx), so if, for example, you've allowed Text Entry as an available submission option, the annotation tools will not display for those.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Labels