cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Grading with iPad & Apple Pencil

Jump to solution

I am using the Canvas app to grade ASSIGNMENTS with my Apple Pencil where I can annotate on their papers.

When I give a QUIZ with a file upload, it does not allow me to annotate on their paper.  I have tried in old quizzes and new quizzes.  Any idea why?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi, @catpratt.

This feature just isn't available for quizzes and it's only available for assignments with file uploads (PDF, DOC, Image files). 

It is a great idea though. I would suggest you create a Feature Idea so the community can discuss this idea. 

If you create a feature idea, please post back here so others can find it. Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi, @catpratt.

This feature just isn't available for quizzes and it's only available for assignments with file uploads (PDF, DOC, Image files). 

It is a great idea though. I would suggest you create a Feature Idea so the community can discuss this idea. 

If you create a feature idea, please post back here so others can find it. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Surveyor

I just used the Canvas Teacher app to grade my quiz. I had an upload question, and students uploaded a PDF. In the app on my iPad, I could use the Apple Pencil to annotate (grade) the students' response.

My question is: how do I share those annotations with the students? The only way I could figure it out was to print the annotated file, save to PDF, and add as comments to the quiz. Is there a way to let students see the annotated file without having to upload a copy? When students tried viewing their submissions after I annotated them, they only saw their original files, without my annotations.