Highlighted
Community Member

Grading with points

Jump to solution

I am very new to Canvas, but somehow in setting up one of my courses, I accidentally changed the cell settings in the grade book from points to percentages. Now, I don't know how many points each student earned on his/her assignments. How can I change it back to the standard points setting? Thanks, Donna

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surveyor

doanderson@dsdmail.net​, From your question I wasn't sure if you were only talking about specific assignment values (which Chris covered) or your overall gradebook total. If you're talking about the total grade then this guide will help explain how to change your gradebook back to total points - How do I view my students' total grades as a point value instead of a percentage in the Gradebook?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Navigator

doanderson@dsdmail.net​...

One thing to check is in each of your Assignments.  Did you select "Percentage" instead of "Points" for your grading options?  If you take a look at this Canvas Guide, How do I add details to an Assignment?, scroll about 1/3 down the page to a section called "Select Grading Type".  This is where you can change the properties for an assignment from "Percentage" to "Points".  If you have multiple assignments, you would want to change this for each assignment in your course.  Please let me know if this helps answer your question...thanks!

Highlighted
Surveyor

doanderson@dsdmail.net​, From your question I wasn't sure if you were only talking about specific assignment values (which Chris covered) or your overall gradebook total. If you're talking about the total grade then this guide will help explain how to change your gradebook back to total points - How do I view my students' total grades as a point value instead of a percentage in the Gradebook?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you, that was it.